We do our best to Walk the Talk in preparing for Boston GreenFest and operating it. This is not always easy and we try to do a little better each year.
Here are some of the things we hold dear:
- No bottled water on site - fresh water is available. Use your water bottle to fill up!
- All materials at the festival such as festival signs and pamphlets are made from eco-friendly materials, preferably recycled or upcycled ones.
- We try to keep our energy use to a minimum and what energy we do use, we offset with clean renewable energy.
- We fill the plaza with plants to bring as much green and oxygen to the plaza as possible.
- The t-shirts for our staff and volunteers are made of organic cotton.
- We ask our exhibitors to limit the amount of paper they hand out.
- Lighting is either LEDs or CFLs.
- We educate people about the benefits of being vegetarian and reducing their carbon-water footprint.
- We offer fitness classes throughout the weekend - the healthier we are, the more sustainable we are.